MBP3,1 Wireless Issue (sadface)

Reaction score
What I'm running: MacBook Pro3 (running 10.5.5 and Windows XP pro Sp3), AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x87) firmware version 1.4.8.0. card, AirPort Extreme Base Station firmware version 6.3, wireless hillbilly broadband internet (the broadcast station for this internet provider is directly across the street from me).

Issue: Every hour at 40 minutes and 30 seconds past, my wireless resets, disconnecting me from whatever I was doing, chats, downloads, w/e. This occurs both in Windows and Mac.

What I've done in an attempt to resolve: from the mac side i've - updated the base station firmware, updated the wireless card firmware, changed broadcast channels, turned off my 2.4ghz cordless phone, WPA encrypted the network, increased the multicast rate on the base station from 2mbps to 11mbps, banged head against wall etc. on my windows side i've - reinstalled the airport card driver, disabled firewall, set as the only preferred network, disabled power saving options on the card, disabled bluetooth.
additionally, my internet provider does not recognize this as an issue with their signal and believes it is MY hardware/software setup. i have also witnessed the same issue on a dell optiplex blah blah, a g4 tower, g4 ibook, and macbook (intel based), all having the same issues at the same time.

essentially, anyone have any insight on why this routine disconnection would be occuring; is there some mild fact i am missing or something else i need to check, because this is a very new setup and its really annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.