• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

If Anyone Needs Help with Final Cut...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
I will be making free tutorials on my youtube account. This goes for both Final Cut Express, And Final Cut Pro. Im going to be working with Final Cut Pro 6.0 but will be plenty useful for FCE users.

I am glad to help anyone with questions on here.

Here is my Youtube Channel. Go subscribe and the tutorials will start comming on soon.
YouTube - PhixionFilms's Channel

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Reaction score
I have created a video in FCE and no matter what I save it as the quality on my youtube site is horrible! I captured the video right from my HD video camera directly into FCE. I have tried exporting the video by QuickTime Conversion as an Mpeg-4 and .mov. I tried saving at 1280x740 16:9, 640X480, H.264, at different bitrates with different frames per second...I have tried it all and still horrible quality. It seems to have great quality only when I export it from imovie08...but I don't want to use imovie08 because they don't have as much to offer as FCE does.

Any suggestions?

If there is no way to get good quality from FCE could I create a movie in FCE and export it to imovie08, then save it from imovie to youtube?

Also, could this have to do with a slow internet connection?

check out my youtube channel and you will see what I am talking about.
youtube.com/mybodysitetv (watch "shopping with ava")

Reaction score
I have some questions regarding Final Cut - I'm looking at switching from my current PC with Power Director to a mac with Final Cut. I basically have 3 elements I need to combine into a video: a video (wmv), vocals (.mp3) and a music track (.mp3). I currently manually lay the vocals and the music to match what's recorded on the video and then mute the video. Then export out the completed video to a WMV that I then put online. It can sometimes take quite a while to match the vocals and music etc. I've always heard that Macs are the best for video, graphic and music manipulation so I've been contemplating switching but I don't want to if I'm not able to do what I need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.