Does anyone care about my sister's birthday?

J

Jordan

Ahoj,

You may be wondering why I am posting this here - well, A) I just recently switched to Mac; B) nobody replied to my post in the OTHER HARDWARE AND PERIPHERALS section. I am buying my sister a webcam for her birthday. I want to know what camera to get for her - she is sadly stuck on a Dell Desktop at the moment in Canada. I'm in Germany on my iBook. I'm thinking of picking up a iSight for myself - I hear really great things about them - aside from the price.

I would like to get my sister a webcam that will deliver decent picture and a build in mic wouldn't hurt either.

I suppose AIM is our only means for video/audio chatting? Or is there something else that is better?

Anything suggestions appreciated.

Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The iSight is by far the best camera on Mac. As for a Windows counterpart, I really have no clue.

AIM is your only choice audio and video. You can use Yahoo! for video only, but their video is also horrible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
Jordan said:
Ahoj,

You may be wondering why I am posting this here - well, A) I just recently switched to Mac; B) nobody replied to my post in the OTHER HARDWARE AND PERIPHERALS section. I am buying my sister a webcam for her birthday. I want to know what camera to get for her - she is sadly stuck on a Dell Desktop at the moment in Canada. I'm in Germany on my iBook. I'm thinking of picking up a iSight for myself - I hear really great things about them - aside from the price.

I would like to get my sister a webcam that will deliver decent picture and a build in mic wouldn't hurt either.

I suppose AIM is our only means for video/audio chatting? Or is there something else that is better?

Anything suggestions appreciated.

Jordan

I care!! But like the person ahead of me I sight is what my friends use. Dunno if it will work on PC. You might wanna try Zdnet or PcWorld for some more information. Hope your sister has a nice one!!!

OP
D

Desolate One

Logitech makes decent cameras but I'm not sure if AIM makes use of thier internal mic.

OP
D

Desolate One

VictoryRose said:
i don't think that there is a PC camera that rivals the isight.

None at all. PC users have to make due. Sometimes at night I cry for them. :mac:

OP
V

VictoryRose

Desolate One said:
None at all. PC users have to make due. Sometimes at night I cry for them. :mac:

is it possible to use the isight on a firewire enabled pc? i doubt it, but i'm not sure.

OP
J

Jordan

How about iSight 2?

Hey all, thanks so much for the replies.

Maybe one day I will be the one answering questions for a change rather than only asking them. But, since I'm still asking ...

Does anybody know anything about the iSight 2 cam? What upgrades it has, when it is due to come out, etc?

Ciao,

Jordan

OP
D

Desolate One

Jordan said:
Hey all, thanks so much for the replies.

Maybe one day I will be the one answering questions for a change rather than only asking them. But, since I'm still asking ...

Does anybody know anything about the iSight 2 cam? What upgrades it has, when it is due to come out, etc?

Ciao,

Jordan

Upgrades to the mounting hardware. That's all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can use ichat to chat with her if shes using aim and you could audio and video chat once you both have the cameras.

Reaction score
I would suggest msn messenger, I find it a lot easier than AIM for video conferencing. It does video and audio. It's also free, check it out.

For a cam, logitech makes excellent cams.

good luck with it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.