iTunes transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple lle 64 kb RAM
I'm trying to transfer my iTunes from my old PC to my Mac, can I use and external hard drive to do this as opposed to making a 1000 data discs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Your external drive is probably formatted with NTFS, which is not a problem since Mac OS X can read that, which is precisely what you want to do. So I'd copy the iTunes folder to the external on the PC, hook it up to the Mac and copy that iTunes folder over to your internal disk. I forget exactly where that is supposed to be (and am to lazy during this post to check ;) ) but a quick search on Apple support forums should get you going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Thanks for the posts guys, unfortunately they were a bit too late for me. I emailed half of them to me, then when I got banned I did the old burn them onto a disc routine.

Reaction score
Well, glad the situation is taken care of. But their are multiple ways of transfering files from 1 computer to the other. I love using the network and bluetooth. It's slow but nice since it's wireless. I mostly use my external hard drive to transfer everything from my computer to my friends macbooks and what not. Google is your best friend...I know it's mine hahah.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.