MacBook obsolete?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm about to buy my first Apple, and I'd like it to be a second-hand one because of the price.
What about a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Macbook (one year and a half old)? Will it become obsolete soon? I mean, I just have to surf the web and to save my photos... will it last some years or is it too old already?

Reaction score
Not really. I know of so many people still happily using their iBooks. It isn't really obsolete, so don't worry about it. Though, I'd recommend that you change the battery, since it is probably low on the cycle.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Since the CPU is a Core2Duo, you will be good to go no matter if the next version of OSX (Snow Leopard) is 64-Bit only or not. For what you want to do that machine will be plenty for a long time to come.

Is it in good shape? Like the other poster said, the battery might be a bit worn but otherwise it's a very good machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.