alternative DVD player

G

gdestiny

the default dvd player is useable, but are there any third party dvd players w/ more features? coming from xp, i am used to powerDVD from cyberlink.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I was used to PowerDVD too when I was on XP but the shift has been good. Mac's DVD player is fairly similar so I personally never bothered to look for another DVD player. A search on www.versiontracker.com might help...

OP
G

gdestiny

how do i jump to a specific time w/ the apple dvd player? in powerDVD, there's a bar that i can click and it'll jump to a specific point in a movie. i don't see anything like that w/ the apple dvd player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
gdestiny said:
how do i jump to a specific time w/ the apple dvd player? in powerDVD, there's a bar that i can click and it'll jump to a specific point in a movie. i don't see anything like that w/ the apple dvd player.

True, thats the only issue with Apple's player. But there is a way around it. I usually jump to a later chapter in the DVD and when i have to fast forward, I press AppleKey+Shift+RightArrow and keep it depressed to FFW at 32X. I get to the point where I want to be.

But I see what you mean. No progress bar in Apple's DVD playa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
actually the shortcut to go to a specific time is Shift+Command+0

:D

BTW - It's in the AppleScript menu of the menu bar of DVD Player!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you go to the scripts folder you should see a script called 'go to time...'.

You can enter a time there for DVD player to jump to, not brilliant but possibly useful?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Aptmunich said:
If you go to the scripts folder you should see a script called 'go to time...'.

You can enter a time there for DVD player to jump to, not brilliant but possibly useful?

Wow...I believe I just said that ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.