Problem with sound in Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'm running XP Pro SP2 on ym MBP on a 70GB partition, which it will be made larger not too far down the road. I have been having problems with the sound quality ever since i have had it. Now it only happens in XP, not in OSX, which is why i'm not going to contact Apple about it, my product support is expired anyways. After so long of use, it does depend though, my sound starts to skip when i'm listening to music or playing a game, and it even goes to the extent of slowing down the entire computer so that its performance is skipping as well. The only way to fix it, is to restart. Like a few hours ago, i had it on, playing NFS Undercover, i wasn't playing for too long, about 45mins i'd say, and it started to happen. So i restarted, and within 15mins, happened again with a music game called Audiosurf. Has anyone ever hear of this before?

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Audio troubles on Bootcamp

I'm running XP Pro SP2 on my MBP on a 70GB partition, which it will be made larger not too far down the road. I have been having problems with the sound quality ever since i have had it. Now it only happens in XP, not in OSX, which is why i'm not going to contact Apple about it, my product support is expired anyways. After so long of use, it does depend though, my sound starts to skip when i'm listening to music or playing a game, and it even goes to the extent of slowing down the entire computer so that its performance is skipping as well. The only way to fix it, is to restart. Like a few hours ago, i had it on, playing NFS Undercover, i wasn't playing for too long, about 45mins i'd say, and it started to happen. So i restarted, and within 15mins, happened again with a music game called Audiosurf. Has anyone ever hear of this before?

Reaction score
Sound issues are commonly reported with XP and Vista under bootcamp. You might try to reinstall the drivers off your Leopard disk, or download updated drivers from Realtek. Also be sure you are running the latest version of BootCamp. I don't have time to search the forum but this has been discussed MANY times - search for posts on "realtek" or sound/XP, etc.

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.