Boot Camp Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Aluminum MacBook
Hey guys!

I ordered the new aluminum MacBook this week and it's waiting for me at home (I'm in London until tomorrow).

I read somewhere that it comes preinstalled with Boot Camp and I figured that I'll install Vista on it as well just because I have so much space on the HDD. My question is, if running Vista, will I have access to all of the documents, pictures, music, etc. on the Leopard partition? I doubt it, but I figured I'd ask.

I searched around the forums, but couldn't find any similar questions.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Congrats on the New Mac purchase!

Yes your Mac will come with Boot Camp, it's part of the OS, and isn't really 'pre-installed' It's just an App. What you want to do is launch the Boot Camp App (/Applications/Utilities/Boot Camp.app), and follow the prompts, it's very straight forward and very easy to use!

If your running Vista or XP, neither one of those OS's can see the Mac OS Partition - Unless you use some 3rd party software Like HFS Explorer.

OP
PittPanthersFan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Aluminum MacBook
Thanks for the clarification, JGruber. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Any time. When you are ready to try it, give it a go and let us know how it went!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I use Macdrive and it shows the OSX Drive under my Computer in windows so you can browse through it like you were going through a windows drive and you can save stuff to it as well. When im using OSX I use Paragon NTFS to write to Windows NTFS drives. Unfortunatly I had to pay to use both of these programs but they make things so much easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.