macbook has terrible reception

Reaction score
ive had my black macbook for about 2 years now and never had problems with it at all.... still connecting thru airport express but i noticed that my reception is terrible unless im really close to it..... but im starting to think its my laptop cause like i am now i have 3 bars or reception it will go from 3 to nothing all the time...... unless i tilt it and i get reception again untill i put it back down to use it..... dont know exactly what to do but it just recently started and hasent went away...... anythings i can try like maybe check out the built-in wireless card maybe has dust all over it really not a clue but maybe....... let me know guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Have you tried a different Wireless router?

OP
P
Reaction score
no ive used the same one for years.... im starting to think its my laptop cause my dad's imac 24 and my mom's macbook connects fine but mines freaks out so

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
The Airport could be going out. I would still try a different router if possible, just to make sure it is not the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
1.) How many wireless networks are in your area? They aren't supposed to interfere with each other, but at my last apartment there were about 15 networks within range and my airport wireless range was extremely weak. When I moved, it worked just fine w/ same router and computers.

2.) You might try using interface robustness, I've had limited success with that when reception was a problem.

OP
P
Reaction score
The Airport could be going out. I would still try a different router if possible, just to make sure it is not the problem.

i thought about that we bought it about 3 years back maybe its just getting old and calls for a new one..... cause in nothing else works more than likely i will buy a new one

1.) How many wireless networks are in your area? They aren't supposed to interfere with each other, but at my last apartment there were about 15 networks within range and my airport wireless range was extremely weak. When I moved, it worked just fine w/ same router and computers.

2.) You might try using interface robustness, I've had limited success with that when reception was a problem.

1 i want to say there is 3 of them. the realtor next door to me, my neighbors house, and the starbucks across the street....... now come to think of it that could be doing it to me... maybe? i cant connecto to them they are all wep password secured so if i wanted i cant even connect to them to see.... so only time will tell.......

what does interface robustness to exactly if you or somone else dosent mind chiming in

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.