Which way does the CD face?

Reaction score
Hey sorry for such a silly question but well what happend was I put some songs onto a blank disc. The songs went on fine but I put the cd in randomly and I can't tell which side is the top of my cd and which side is the bottom. :(

So basically does the top part face me? or does the bottom part (part that the mac reads) face me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
label side up, or facing you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If your disc is one of those generics that look almost the same on both sides, then look at the disc from the side using good lighting and you should be able to see the circular burn, which starts from the inside of the disc. That faces away from you when inserting into a player. Label the other side.

Reaction score
This is as good a place as any to post this:

I put a new blank cdrw in my new MacBook and the thing locked up. You could hear it trying to spin...it got slower and slower until it just stopped. When I tried to eject it nothing happened. Then it even stopped being recognized by the MacBook as being in the drive. What to do?

I called tech support and here was the answer: Turn the power off. Restart the MacBook and hold down the mouse button in the trackpad when the music starts. The disc popped right out.

Remember that one...you never know when you might need it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.