bluetooth mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
i was about to buy the IOGEAR bluetooth mini mouse because of the bluetooth on my ibook and becasue it can be plugged into the usb port to be recharged. i thought that was pretty cool. but of course, it was on backorder for who knows how lomg, soooooo, the guy at macmall said i should consider the macally bluetooth mouse. it cant be recharged like the IOGEAR, but he said it is made for mac so itwill work a lot better than the io gear. anybody know about these bluetooth mice? ;)

Reaction score
I've got the apple bluetooth mouse(59.00 euro)very elegant and very functional.Works on simple batteries but in my experience with normal use they usually last a few months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I've got the Apple Bluetooth Mouse. It's very nice, I've never had a problem with disconnects, lag, etc. Been a great experience with bluetooth. What I have noticed is that if you put the regular alkaline batteries into it it'll last about 2 months..However, if you put the one's Apple Reccommends, the Lithium Ion ones, it lasts close to 4 to 6 months.

Go for it!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
N

nbn22385

i have the macally bluetooth mouse. it shuts itself off if bluetooth if off on your computer which is good. the only peeve i have with it is if you click the mouse button (while it's off), the red LED on the bottom flickers for a couple seconds, so that may decrease battery life if its rattling around in a bag. i ended up sliding a sliver of index card material between one of the batteries and the contact so i can be sure it's always off.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I want a Logitech MX 900... but now that the 1000 is out, I'm still deciding... use internal bluetooth, or get an external dongle with an extra button, more functionality, and an eye-melting laser?

That macally mice doesn't look as cool as the Logitech IMO...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I have none of those left in my room...

I

iDVFH.

when I purchased my iBook G4 I had them enable bluetooth and purchased a wireless mouse from Apple (figured thesame color scheme would be best) and i read on one of the earlier posts that they only last a few months? for 70 dollars they better last for more than a few months lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
DV'SiBOOKG4 said:
when I purchased my iBook G4 I had them enable bluetooth and purchased a wireless mouse from Apple (figured thesame color scheme would be best) and i read on one of the earlier posts that they only last a few months? for 70 dollars they better last for more than a few months lol

lol, the mouse lasts a lot longer than a few months. It's the replaceable batteries that don't.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so i got the macally mini mouse and it works awesome. for the **** of it, i thought i would try to connect it to my hp laptop also with buetooth. so i followed everything it said, and guess what, it doesn't work. whats new. something on windows that doesnt work? no. you dont say. soooo anyway,it wont let me open the "my bluetooth places" to recognize it. and i just installed the latest drivers. thank god i bought a new ibook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.