macbook starting issues

Reaction score
Hey, I am new to mac's and am having issues. I currently have 2 macbooks... never really had any trouble

both have recently have leopard installed. I was about to transfer files over between the two, so one was on screen saver as I wasnt using it. When i went to pick it up it restarted for some reason. Then it did the usual apple logo and load up - and went to a black screen making the eject disk noise over and over. This is where I am stuck now, black screen with a constant eject noise.

I tried taking out the battery, resetting, powering on numerous different times.... nothing is working.

Any help is appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
W
Reaction score
hmm okay. recent update.... out of frustration i hit the palmrest pretty hard when the eject noises were going.... it stopped so i restarted the computer and it boot up!!!!!! i went to go do a software update (hoping that it would fix any issues i was having) and just as the toolbar was pretty much all the way the computer restarted again..... it then booted up to a message on the desktop saying that i needed to restart.... and now im at the same black screen with the eject noises..

***!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.