Switched from PC to IMac, need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.5
Finally switched from a PC to an IMac at age 55, LOVE IT, but having a couple of problems. I'm sure there's an easy answer, I'm just old and not techno savy. My IPod - got my library transfered, big relief, but when I plug in my IPod it shows as being PC Windows configured. Can I reconfigure to the Mac? Are there advantages to doing so? HOW?
Also - I've been using Time Machine but my 160GB external drive appears to be full. Any recommendations on a replacement? Thanks for any response.

Reaction score
You have to select the iPod in iTunes, summary tab, and restore to the mac, the syncing will be much easier if it is configured to the mac, I did it with my iPhone and will do it with my iPod soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
Yeah, just dont go near a Westing Digital drive. (formerly My Book) Worst company Ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Ive had great luck with seagate, I would recommend checking them out.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.5
Thanks for the suggestions, still need help!

I sure appreciate the responses, but, I am REALLY slow. The IPod thing, I am really struggling with this part of the switch from PC to IMac. I did go to Summary in ITunes (Under the IPod part) and did a restore but it is still in Windows format.
To add insult to injury I tried to look for an answer at Apple Support, forgot my Apple ID and passport, reset ID and passport (I think), never could find my question (How to format IPod from PC to Mac), couldn't figure out how to ASK a question and am more confused than ever.
I have no idea how many Apple ID's I may have created (kept getting "Couldn't restore session" error messages) and it's starting to look like I need a Keeper!
Is there any hope for a computer idiot? Can I reformat my IPod to Mac format?
Sorry for the rambling, just getting desperate!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.5
Going to make it after all.

Borrowed a 14 year old kid - the guy's a genius! He's solved my problem (the computer one anyway) and life is looking good.
Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.