• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Driver for NV-GS230 Camcorder

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a new 24" iMac and can't get my Panasonic NZ-GS230 camcorder to be recognized by it. Using the Firewire port at back, 4pin from cam, 6pin to mac. I have captured and edited on this camcorder for years on PC with Premiere. I have final cut pro 6 and with or without application running, same result no recognition at all.

Haven't tried usb connection yet as I don't intend to use this option for anything.

Any hep on drivers would be mint! I have searched far and wide on the web to no avail.

Cheers
Adradster

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Make sure that OS X is seeing the camera by using the System Profiler and and checking the Firewire listing.

From what I could find out, your camera is a mini DV camera. The USB will not be usable for video.

Searching the compatible devices does not list your camera. Of course that doesn't mean it a lot.

An alternative might be to manually play the material and use the 'Capture Now' option.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi There,

I have just purchased a Maxtor Onetouch 4 Plus External HDD, USB 2.0 and Firewire connection capable. None of the two connections mentioned will allow the iMac to recognize the HDD. I am begining to think that it is the ports on the iMac. I will have it checked under warranty and post a thread regarding the findings.

Cheers
Adradster

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.