Whoo Hoo! Got my iMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
It finally came. I got my iMac this afternoon. She's a beaut; 20" with 1gig of ram, airport, and bloothtooth. I've used PCs for about 12 years and this is my first mac, so it's taking some getting used to (took me 5 min just to figure out the keystrokes to open a new we browser :) ) but it's fun to learn something new. Anywho, I'm sure none of you care but I'm tikled pink. :D

-Chris

I

IChing

cool....glad you finally got it, now you know how we switchers feel,
great, have fun

OP
bassplayrr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just can't stop playing with this thing. I predict very little sleep tonight. I didn't even realize I hadn't had dinner until my girlfriend reminded me. :cool:

-Chris

I

IChing

Did any games come with it? Did you get any different application other than the usual? Not flaming but by your icon I don't see how you could have missed dinner.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
To be honest I don't think that's an an actual photo of him..

Glad you're enjoying your new machine, get into keyboard shortcuts straight away, they make things so much easier!

Apple+T opens a new tab in safari
Apple+N opens a new window in safari
Apple+W closes a Tab / Window
Apple+Q quits the current application

OP
bassplayrr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IChing said:
Did any games come with it? Did you get any different application other than the usual? Not flaming but by your icon I don't see how you could have missed dinner.:)

No, nothing special came with it. Just some stupid dinosaur game and chess for games, and iLife '05 since I had to wait so long (only iLife '04 was available at the time of order two weeks ago). And though I'm not the epitome of physical fitness, I don't look quite as bad as my avatar. ;)

-Chris

and thanks for the hints aptmunich, your a lifesaver. :) do i have to do something special to enable tabs or something, because my computer just grunts angrily at me when I apple + t. I used to use tabs all the time on Firefox on my pc, but can't figure it out on Safari.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
bassplayrr said:
Ndo i have to do something special to enable tabs or something, because my computer just grunts angrily at me when I apple + t. I used to use tabs all the time on Firefox on my pc, but can't figure it out on Safari.
You will need to turn on tab browsering in your preferences.

D

Desolate One

Congrats man! I was thinking about picking up the 20" as well with very similar specs, but since I can do everything I need on my iBook it wasn't neccessary. Glad you're enjoying the iMac!

OP
bassplayrr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the tip rman. Desolate One, I actually would have preferred an iBook or PowerBook but my funds only allowed for one computer at the moment, and since I wanted to make the full plunge into the Mac world I decided a desktop would be the best place to start. Otherwise I might have been tempted to keep my PC. :x

-Chris

P

psychoschematic

Hey congrats, that is a nice model.

bassplayrr said:
It finally came. I got my iMac this afternoon. She's a beaut; 20" with 1gig of ram, airport, and bloothtooth. I've used PCs for about 12 years and this is my first mac, so it's taking some getting used to (took me 5 min just to figure out the keystrokes to open a new we browser :) ) but it's fun to learn something new. Anywho, I'm sure none of you care but I'm tikled pink. :D

-Chris

D

Desolate One

bassplayrr said:
Thanks for the tip rman. Desolate One, I actually would have preferred an iBook or PowerBook but my funds only allowed for one computer at the moment, and since I wanted to make the full plunge into the Mac world I decided a desktop would be the best place to start. Otherwise I might have been tempted to keep my PC. :x

-Chris

I thought the same way after picking up my iBook. The remedy? I set up a desk using the iBook as my PC desktop replacement. Now that I'm not tempted by the comfy computer chair/desk the PC is at there's not problem! Plus I have the best of both worlds, it's used as a desktop and I can take it with me where ever I go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
Very cool! Congrats! That is exacly what I have on top of my wish list!!!!

?

)(*

I almost got the iMac. its so beautiful, way nicer than a black Dell/Gateway/Compaq/HP/etc.x1,000,000

congrats, and remember, with mac everything in life seems so much more.....simpler.

S

Skypilot

Congrats as well. I picked up my first mac last week. An iMac G5 20" as well. In many ways it sort of reminds me of the Amiga that I had many many years ago....before moving into the windoze world. I'll keep my PC but I see myself mostly on my new G5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.