Newbie track pad question

M

Mindbreeze

Hello all,

First time mac owner (12" powerbook), when using any application really, I find myself always rubbing the track pad and causing my mouse to select a different part of the screen, which is really frustrating me. For instance if I am typing a doc, and in the middle of typing I accidentally rub the trackpad with my hand and start typing in a different part of the doc. I can put the pointer in the title bar and this usually solves it, but this is such a pain. Is there any work around short of getting an external keyboard? I have set the mouse properties to ignore acidental movement or whatever, with no luck. Am I missing anything?

Thanks..

OP
N

nbn22385

if checking Ignore accidental trackpad input doesnt work, the only other suggestion i have is turn off tap clicking and just use the button.

OP
G

General_K

Yeah, this happens to me all the time. I'll be typing, and suddenly find my cursor in some random spot on the page. I guess I should also turn off tap-clicking and go from there. ;)

OP
I

IChing

I use a mouse now and don't have that problem now when I type, before I put the mouse on, I was resting my thumb right on the pad and boy did that cause problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.