Best screen cleaner I can use right now??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
I know the klear stuff works or whatever on the Apple site but I'm going to pick that up next time I go to the apple store, more likely in Florida (after Xmas). Right now, I've got a lot of smudges on my screen that the black cloth won't get off. What should I use??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Windex, many people shun it but I have used it for years and it has worked just fine for me and has never damaged a screen.

*IMPORTANT* Spray the cleaner on a paper towel then wwipe the screen never spray it directly onto the screen as it may drip down into the electronic part of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I use the same optical wipes and solution that I use to clean my eyeglasses. They have special coatings, and the optician recommended that I use these special tissue-like, uh, tissues and a spray solution or there are single use individually packaged pre-moistened wipes. I figure if they are safe for my very expensive glasses, they should (and do) work safely and fine for my screen.

Reaction score
I would use a micro fiber cloth before I would use a paper towel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I would use a micro fiber cloth before I would use a paper towel.

Personally, I have never used Windex or paper towels on any of my expensive electronics. If I saw someone using them on my stuff I would slap them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Damp micro fibre towel OR damp paper towel and NO SOLVENTS of any description!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.