importing PST into entourage?

Reaction score
Is this possible and easily done? Can it be done without shelling out cash for software to achieve this?

P

Papadelta

There used to be a program on the apple web site (switch) that told you how to do this. 2 years ago when I bought my first G4 I used it somewhat successfully. It wasn't perfect, but for a newbe it worked fine. I did lose some fields,

A few months when I gave my old G4 to my wife ( I got a new one) I looked for the site and that had been replaced with a program they were now selling. Maybe somebody who switched a year or two ago might still have the old program.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Solution
Microsoft Outlook 2003 (WinXP Pro) --> Entourage 2004 (Mac X)

I have spent two weeks reading forums and websites on how to get a Microsoft Outlook PST file to Entourage. The easiest and most straight forward way I have found is as follows.

On PC:
Open Outlook Express
File-->Import-->Microsoft Outlook-->(choose mail, address book etc)
Express will attempt to import a Outlook PST from the standard location. If it cannot find it you can browse to the location you have moved it to. If you can't find Search for *.pst
Tools-->Options-->Maintenance Tab-->Store Finder
This shows you the location where your mail is stored in Express

Share this folder and files across a network, burn them to disk, copy them to a portable hard drive...whichever you prefer...

On Mac
Open Apple Mail
File-->Import Mailboxes-->Outlook Express
Browse to the folder/files above and it will import

On Mac
Open Entourage
File-->Import-->Import mail from another program-->Apple Mail

You can also install Mozilla Thunderbird on the PC and import PST files, then these Thunderbird files to Apple Mail, and then as above.

For this particular scenario this is by far the most efficient solution I have found. Every other solution involves renaming files, mail folders/messages not being sorted, purchasing some type of cheap software etc...

Thought I would share. Hope its useful to some of you!

Good luck! :)

Reaction score
Few issues here with Apple mail only importing the first message of each folder instead of all the messages. After a bit of Googling I found a forum with a free app on it by Andreas Amann called Eudora Mailbox Cleaner (also converts Mozilla/Thunderbird to Apple mail) here.

I must admit I'm amazed, this app is excellent! Wish I had found it 3 weeks ago!!

Thanks to Andreas Amann :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.