Do .mpeg and .mpg files work on a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 2.5Ghz Quad Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
Im looking to buy a new mac pretty soon, and a have alot of videos from my sony dsc-w70 that only produces .mpegs, Will macs have any problem playing them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Macs can open essentially any file format that Windows can. The only exception are Windows specific files such as those with the .exe extension.

So a Mac will open any audio, video, and picture file you can throw at it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanx man. preciate it.
also, i got a ipod question too... i have a ipod (120gb) classic and i downloaded some episodes of family guy and south park onto itunes. heres my problem... when i go to change the settings on them to "tv episodes" it doesnt transfer them onto my ipod at all, it only transfers them when i keep them as a "movie"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You probably have to check the sync settings. By default iTunes will only transfer unwatched episodes or episodes that aired within a certain time frame. It could also be that you just need to hit the checkbox next to syncing TV shows.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well im not downloading the episodes through itunes, there coming from limewire, would that make a difference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I've transferred non-iTunes purchased TV shows onto my iPhone without a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.