How do i get wmb54G to work on mac os x?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Linksys WMB54G Wireless-G Music Bridge Networking and Wi-Fi reviews - CNET Reviews

I've searched everywhere, but i know when there is a will there is way.
The other possibility is getting the airport one.

You can always install Windows on your Mac either via a Boot Camp partition or using VM software (Parallels, Fusion) and use it that way. The review clearly states that it's PC only, no Mac software.

Or as you state above, you can buy an Airport Extreme.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
errr, I am trying to avoid windows, looks like i'll be buying an airport express as it is sufficient enough, but the airport extreme has the ability to hook up to USB drives...

I have at&t u-verse at home, they make you use their router for internet. I have my house hard wired with cat5. So if i were to buy the airport express could I just hook up the airport express, put it in a DMZ and use it for my mac.
Or can I run the airport express without it being a router, but rather like an NDAS drive or another entity behind my at&t 2wire firewall in my LAN, then run my other computers through the 2wire as well and access the airport express?

Reaction score
I have the wmb54G currently running on my mac via parallels. I had to set the internet setting to bridge such that the windows machine is it's own network entity. The problem is it only sends 8 seconds of information at a time, then there's a slight pause. Too annoying to actually use! Closer to a solution without having to buy any new hardware!

Reaction score
Update: increasing ram allocated to virtual machine increased time till pauses. Just learned that there is an upgrade to firmware and bridge interface. However, when I tried to upgrade the WMB no longer worked. I can't even ping the silly thing! :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.