Time Capsule Networking Between Mac and PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
Alright I have redifined the issue I previously thought was a difference with my new computer.

I have realized that my issue with networking between my mac and my windows computers is not my mac but is actually something along the lines of the mac or time capsule settings.

The main issue I have is, I am able to mount my windows machines and grab files and send them. But I have no lets say "netBIOS" connectivity.

What I mean by that is no computers or files automatically show up in Finder when I am on my home network. I can't RDC to my windows machines like I could with my cheap Linksys.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I am missing here? The fact that I have connectivity but can't do certain features is really baffling to me especially since everything worked find with my linksys.

The main difference.. I was using my linksys as a wireless access point and dumb switch and had my voice gateway doing the routing. Now I have my time capsule doing the routing and the voice gateway connected behind that but that doesn't really have anything to do with my current set up.

If it does, enlighten me.

Thanks a lot,

Confused Capsule Lover... for now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.