How do you have 2 itunes library's? (HDD + external)

Reaction score
How do I setup two library's on itunes?

1 for the music on my hard drive
1 for the music that is on my external

I've tried searching the forums but I am not able to understand the directions, can someone try to explain this to me as clearly as possible, perhaps sticky this topic?

. ' ,

Thank you,
chaM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while starting up iTunes and you can both select different libraries and create new ones.

OP
chaM
Reaction score
Thank you; +rep.

Now that I have created a new library on the external hdd, I am importing all of my mp3 files to itunes; but I never have been able to get closure on how to fix your mp3 files. So you do NOT have to retype all the information into itunes, when you drag the mp3s into itunes.

If there is a way to save the mp3 files after, the proper format that you have put to them via "get info" I would like to know how to do that.

I am organizing all my music files which is a very time consuming task, I really want to be able to edit all the information of the mp3 and save it, then just simply drag them into itunes so they will be organized how I like.​

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.