New Mac Owner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Penryn 2G/200Gb
Well, I've finally switched over to Mac (not completely, since I still use my PC). I bought a 15.4" Macbook Pro this Friday, and it's been a joy so far. Overall, I'm really satisfied and just thought I should join a forum in case I have any questions.

Since there are so many stories of why people switch or buy macs, I guess I'll give my short testimony.

I've always used PC's at home, at school, and even at work. I've always updated my machines with new graphic cards every year or so, adding extra RAM, or just getting a new PC that'll last me a few years at most. After seeing my friend's Powerbook a few weeks ago, I realized how reliable macbooks were (and also how frugal my friend was to not spur for a replacement). The new macbook pro seemed to have everything I could've asked for; a fast processor, built in webcam/mic, and wonderful out-of-the box software. I wanted something simple, and I really got my wish. I really like my new macbook pro, and I guess it would've been a good decision to switch earlier than I did.

Though I still prefer using my PC when I'm at home, I've been toting my little MBP to work in replacement of my Dell, and it's wonderful.

:Smirk:

OP
Yuchi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Penryn 2G/200Gb
and make sure to get a case

I've been looking on Amazon for a softcover case, but I think I'm alright. I take pretty good care of my stuff.

Are there any cases that stand out in quality or value?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.