upon opening... screen placement?

Reaction score
When I open pages, it always opens in the same spot; against my will. Typically you can drag a application anywhere on your screen and it will always open and remain in the place where you placed it. Pages seems to be the only program that has a default screen placement, anyway to change that or is pages just going to be the one program that I can not control.

thank you,
mac-forums.com

OP
chaM
Reaction score
Apple for an answer?
red-apple.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
If I'm reading the question correctly, spaces is set up so that anytime you open a new window in the application, it will open in whichever space you've assigned it to. For instance, even if I move a Safari window to a different space, the new windows will always open in space one.

I hope that answers your question. If not, let us know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Each Pages file remembers its own placement. If you save a file and reopen it, it will open back up exactly where it was.

When you open the Pages application, it creates a new, empty document. New files open with default placement since they have no previous position to remember. There's no easy way to change this default for new documents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.