VM Fusion, Remote Desktop Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
Time Capsule, Mac-PC Connection Issues

I can't discover any of the network PC's on my mac and my PC's don't see my mac either.

I can't connect to either using netBIOS name or IP address.

Hey I had a macbook air. Used fusion and remote controlled my windows PC with no issues.

I have upgraded to a new macbook and ever since, with seemingly the same set up, I can't remote control my pc any more?

Any Ideas?

Macbook running vm fusion and Windows XP SP 3. Using NAT (bridged doesn't work for some reason). The only difference right now is I am using a Time Capsule for my network as opposed to my cheapo old linksys.

Am I missing something in the TC configuration that is blocking remote desktop traffic?

Thanks for any input!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
is the SP3 firewall on or off?

Why not just use a mac RDP client?

OP
terrible1one3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried the firewall on and off. I am unaware of a good remote desktop to remotely control windows PC's.

OP
terrible1one3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I downloaded RDC via macupdate but it's the same situation. None of my windows machines are showing up on the network and my mac isn't showing up on the windows machines.

Somewhere along the lines there is a failure to communicate. From what I can tell I have no setting anywhere that is prohibiting them from being discovered on the network.. they just aren't.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
have you tried connecting to them via IP address not NetBIOS names? Also, is your Mac's software firewall on or off?

OP
terrible1one3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have tried IP addresses. In the security pref pane under the firewall option it says "allow all incoming connections."

I enabled the bonjour service on my windows PC.

I am baffled by the issue, I'm sure it's something simple. Just can't pinpoint it. I keep playing with the time capsule preferences but it isn't making a difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.