Buy a macbook from eBay?

Reaction score
Hi
I am new here and these days I am planing to get a new macbook or macbook pro (a hard decision...)

I noticed that the price in ebay is much more cheaper that Apple online store, and they have 200$ cash-back plan and no tax. So if I buy one from ebay will save me about 300$.

But I wonder if there any difference if I buy a macbook from ebay? Including the warranty and if there are any defects, can I exchange it from Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Just make sure it's still under warrenty inc Applecare and all should be well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Well it doesn't have to come with Applecare, but if it does that is a bonus. Just for reference, are you looking to buy a new or used Macbook?

Reaction score
Are you experienced with Macs? If not, I would not recommend buying a used Mac that is out of warranty. Leave that to the more experienced who know how to quickly fix software and hardware "issues".

I just bought on EBAY a Macbook Pro exactly 363 days old, with 2 years and 2 days left on the 3 yr. Apple Care warranty. I am all in at $1,076. A brand new Penryn 2.4Ghz Pro Model MB133/LL would have cost me $1,444 all in from Amazon, plus $299 for the Apple Care Warranty for Pro =$1,743. So I gave up a little CPU speed, some hard drive space, a little video speed, and the first year of a 3 year warranty, and in exchange saved $700. I corresponded with the seller to ask about things you should also ask about: Exact date Apple Care was started, whether or not the original box, manuals and discs are included, what software was added (i.e. Microsoft Office 2008), any cables included, whether the Mac was bought new or refurbished, and if this is the first owner. Common sense stuff. And I paid via Paypal so there is a little protection there (but not as much as you might hope for... so I ALWAYS use Paypal via my Credit Card, not via my Paypal Balance or Bank Transfer)>

OP
L
Reaction score
Well it doesn't have to come with Applecare, but if it does that is a bonus. Just for reference, are you looking to buy a new or used Macbook?

I am looking for new ones, and this is my first mac.... so if it is brand new stuff in ebay, they are identical with those in Apple store? including the service?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
If they are brand new then they would come with the standard warranty as provided by Apple. How much of a warranty would depend on when they were originally purchased, as they all had to come from Apple at some point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.