iPod linux

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Do you guys have any experience with linux on your iPod? I have the way how copying mp3s into iPod screws their filenames and all, there's also no file browser on the iPod and I have 80 GB one so there's not just music in there and I'd like to see what's in there from my iPod. Also managing playlists and all you're able to do on other mp3 players is just clumsy. I don't like iTunes and this way I would be free from them at last.

thanks.

Reaction score
The iPod linux project was a nice start. If i'm not mistaken it was abandoned. iTunes is easy to use, and I have no complaints with my iTouch g2 or the older 30gig video. They didn't have any recent posts of trying to update the software with the touch, and they don't support many of the newer Pods. Maybe shoot them an E-Mail. I had the ipod linux on my old 1st gen and it was fantastic at the time, but times have changed. Some of the features that were added, have been introduced in the new hardware.

Good Luck
J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.