XP Pro or vista Bus.64 on VM?

Reaction score
I have both Windows XP Pro and Vista 64 bit business. Which would be my best option to run on VM fusion? I only have a couple programs to install on the windows side, mostly a wedding album design software that is not available in mac and possibly powerpoint.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Hi, you might want to check out ms office for mac for that powerpoint and IMHO I would go with win XP if you want to avoid all the vista issues that are out there. The question you should ask yourself is what programs do I need to run from windows and aren't there macos alternatives? If not maybe you should check coherence feature in parallels virtualization software. Anyway very simple: I'd go with windows xp but it's more a question of preference and system resources.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks. I am going to get office for mac. The only piece of software I really need to run is a product called Fotofusion/Lumapix. It is software that helps me design wedding album layouts much faster that photoshop and with a lot of options. I did check with them and they are working on a mac version, but they don't expect it anytime soon.

Reaction score
I think XP would likely be easier to manage and more stable; based on your description, I don't think the software is likely designed to use the 64 bits anyhow. I would start with XP as it uses less overhead generally speaking.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.