Canon RAW workflow Mac to PC

Reaction score
Greetings. I've been watching video tutorials related to Photoshop CS3, Canon Digital Photo Professional, etc., and I just love the look of these programs on a Mac. I run Windows now, and all my Adobe software is Windows version.

I'm thinking of getting a MacBook Pro, refurbished from the Apple Store, for the initial importing of Canon RAW photo files. Also, the CAnon 5D Mk II digital slr that I am getting in a couple weeks produces .MOV 1080p video files. The Canon software comes in pc/mac versions, so I can run it on both platforms.

What I'm wondering is, if I create 16-bit TIFF files on the Mac, will they open in Photoshop CS3 or CS4 on my Windows machines?

Also, I'm sure I've read that a Leopard Mac can connect to a Windows ethernet home network, so I could transfer the TIFF files over the network. Is this correct?

The MacBook Pro I'm looking at is the 15.4 in with 2.4 Intel, 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8600GT card. THis should handle photo/video processing, right?

I have zero experience with video on any platform, but after watching the Vincent Laforet 'Reverie' video, shot with the camera I will have in a couple weeks, I am kinda hooked on trying it. Can I do edits/clips, etc. with the iMovie that comes with iLife?

I apologize if I am asking things that are probably already answered around here.

I just can't get over the look of Leopard. Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.