Now I have to wait another week for my iBook!

J

Jordan

I ordered my iBook last Monday and at the same time signed up for the upgrade to 05 iLife promotion they had going on. Then, I get an email today telling me to call the 1-800 number, which wouldn't be such a bad thing except that I am a Canadian who is temp. living in Germany so I get to pay long distance rates. They then tell me that they are delaying the shipment of my iBook by a week so that they can put iLife05 on it because they wouldn't want me to be upset receiving my new comp with old software. Very nice of them but I have the new software coming already. Too bad, I still have to wait ~ 11 days (1-3 days was the original est.) for my computer to leave Apple + 8-12 days for it to reach Canada + ~8 days to get it to Germany! I am going crazy! I just want the **** thing already!!!!!

I know that nobody cares. I just wanted to vent.

I feel better now. Still might write them a letter - I was sort of wishing that my switch to Mac would be a beautiful thing.

Anyhow, all the best,

Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
sorry to hear about it :(

mmm Germany... its not far from me.... im in Denmark :p

OP
P

Prometheus

I had a similar switch. I was quoted 6-7 working days for my ibook, 7 days came and went and no ibook. Turned out it was lost in the post. Apple said it would take another 7 working days to get one to me, I told them where to go, ordered from elsewhere and it was here by 12 noon the next day :)

I hate waiting for things...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
yea... me too... and mu 1.7 Intel Celeron keeps me waiting a lot :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
But why didn't you just order from apple germany?

I did, and I just installed OS X in english and haven't looked back...

You could always buy a canadian keyboard for when you go back...

OP
J

Jordan

I would have ordered from Apple.de but I didn't for two reasons:
1) it was a fair bit chaper to buy from Apple.ca;
2) I will return to Canada in half a year and don't want problems when I have to declair any items purchased from abroad.

"Ok Sir, do you have anything to declare?"
"No not really, ... oh wait, I have this $2300 iBook"
"Ok sir, if you could please bend over ... taxes taxes taxes"
etc.

But now, after having to wait like, over a month to get my iBook, who knows, it might have just been worth it to buy it here!

I give up.

I don't even know what email address to complain to.

Have a good one.

Jordan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.