Google History in Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.8GHz. 320GB@7200.
Okay so I have been experimenting with Safari (I prefer FireFox) and discovered something odd - Mind you I am using OS X Leopard. In Safari, I can type "MacForums" in the Google search bar - which sends me to the Google results page - Then in the search bar from that page, I can type "whatever" in the search and autofill works fine, but when I erase my entry, I can get a drop-down box to appear with search results history - If I have made this clear, my question would be - Can this be erased? - That is the Google history? I've tried just about everything I can think of without finding the answer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Yes, sure you can. Go to the Safari menu, and choose Reset Safari. You can uncheck certain things, like keep your bookmarks, and keep your other history, etc. Hope that helps!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I selected Reset Safari > Clear Google searches > and this deletes the history in Safari, but not in Google.

I'll try this again, I start from my home page > enter "something" into the search toolbar > I am directed to the Google results page >I can then enter "something else" (autofil works) but if I erase from right to left my entry, once it has cleared, I get a drop-down window showing everything I have searched for previously. It is this history I am wondering if it can be erased? Or is it something Google keeps which I have no control over?

Thanks.

Another thing I noticed, is that with a empty searchbar on the Google page, I can click-on the delete key which will make the drop-down window of history appear. - Odd?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just figured it out. In order to erase the history, I needed to select "Remove other AutoFill form text from Reset Safari.

Thanks again for the direction.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.