My Horror Story

Reaction score
so i walked into my "multi media" class hopping to be awwed by some great looking G5's, but to my dissapointment the room if full of gateways, so i have to work with PS and other programs on the 1.99Ghz 512RAM POS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
Eek! Sounds like the labs at the school where I am in instructor....all PCs except for the MAC at my desk and at home! At least it makes you appreciate what you have more.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
1.99Ghz sounds like a Celeron. I bet they have Intel Extreme Shared Graphics too! I would rather have my old G4!

I

iSeeKlearly

wvmac said:
Eek! Sounds like the labs at the school where I am in instructor....all PCs except for the MAC at my desk and at home! At least it makes you appreciate what you have more.

Mac-sanctuary...wvmac's room.. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
we use mainly emac g4s and bout 5 imac g4s in my graphic arts class
thou today was meh last day

D

dlisle20

my entire school runs on a HUGE microsoft network, i know the agony and how stupid the IT people are there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
our uni will only run with winblows because nothing else supports all the log ons and the tracking s/w :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ick....I'm glad the school I am going to doesn't use peecees for multimedia design.
They have a lab with rows and rows of pretty G5's!:)
And you absolutely MUST have a Mac laptop if you are a student, its a program requirement...:black:

Reaction score
thats awsome....i go to two video classes and one has about 15 macs ranging from emacs to g5s and my other one has 4 g4s, 1 g5, and then about 20 pos no name brand desktops running adobe....i love having my powerbook when i go to that class...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.