Older Mac's needing a Router

Reaction score
Situation is I am working on a G3 600mhz in 10.2.8 and I just gave my brother a G4 Macbook on 10.3.8(?) that was given to me. I am figuring on going with a hardwired router as we share an office at home and I'm checking the spec's to see if one will work. Many want an upgraded OS and I'm not there with the G3 and probably won't upgrade, no need. Many other routers don't spec Mac at all. The Book has a wireless card and I was thinking maybe wireless (the portable $100 one) might work for us but I think my G3 is going to be a problem with the older OS. What's the solution? I'm on a AT&T DSL lite, Westell modem. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
It will all work just fine. Tiger supported wireless networking and wired networking just fine. If you go wireless, just don't get the fancy new N stuff. It will work, but its a waste of money for you since you wont be able to take advantage of it.

Don't worry about the routers not saying they support macs. Its all standard networking that has basically been around for a really long time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.