Won't recognize widescreen

T

triglyph

I have a movie that is DVCPro HD 24P. It was shot Varicam, imported via Firewire and edited in the proper format in Final Cut Pro. It plays fine in FCP and in Quicktime player.

When I import to DVD Studio Pro it appears “squeezed” unless I manually select square pixels. But as soon as I try to format or even preview in Simulator, it “pops” out of square pixels and it won’t burn properly.

To repeat: it plays fine in Final Cut Pro and in Quicktime player.

I also tried exporting in Compressor (with widescreen selected, of course). I have imported the raw Quicktime and also the Compressor files.

The annoying thing is that I have burned a DVD before from this Final Cut Pro edit and it worked. All that is different now is I added some titles from Motion.

In Studio Pro, I have selected square pixels and 16:9 in every place I can, including simulator. It just won’t stay selected.

What else can I try?

In Studio Pro, I have selected square pixels and 16:9 in every place I can, including simulator. It just won’t stay selected.

What else can I try?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.