• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Convert Multiple AVI's Into MP4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
I have burnt my entire collection of DVD's onto my mac and now with to put them onto AppleTV. However, I rather stupidly burnt them all to AVI. I have put them all into their own separate folder on an external hard drive so for example:

Hulk>hulk.avi
Simpsons>Simpsons.avi

I have visualhub and handbrake, is there a way I can select all these folders or files and convert them all from avi to Mp4, saving the mp4 to its original location? Or am I going to have to do it manually?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.