• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Macintouch performance comparison

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
Good info! thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core, MacBook Air 11
G4 better than G5?

Thanks for the link. Very surprizing outcome for eMac? Maybe eMac deserves a second look.

Edit: At around $1K I'm impressed. A 17" screen and good performance what's not to like. I never would have looked at this model had it not been for this link.

OP
P

Prometheus

robbym said:
Thanks for the link. Very surprizing outcome for eMac? Maybe eMac deserves a second look.

Edit: At around $1K I'm impressed. A 17" screen and good performance what's not to like. I never would have looked at this model had it not been for this link.

Suppose its not too bad a machine, if you don't mind its size and using a CRT instead of a flatscreen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
robbym said:

I've always loved the eMac, and felt it was a shame that most people don't give it much credit. I'm glad the article reflected that it is indeed a great machine.

OP
D

Danster

I love the eMac and was gonna buy one but it only had 32 MB of VID RAM
and needed 64 min :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I love my eMac :girl:
and I find the CRT Screen great for graphics.

Reaction score
Benchmarks can always be done improperly...The only source I beleive is bearfeats.com once they coonfirm that then i will say wow. But there is no way that g4 1.42ghz is even close to the imac g5 1.8ghz thats just not possible!!!! G4 preformance is ridiculous and overpriced!!! If its front side bus was faster then it might be alright but still the g4 was never intened to be a pentium 4 and atlon kill thats what the g5 is! The g4 was intened to be the pentium 3 killer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Sexyboy said:
Benchmarks can always be done improperly...The only source I beleive is bearfeats.com once they coonfirm that then i will say wow. But there is no way that g4 1.42ghz is even close to the imac g5 1.8ghz thats just not possible!!!! G4 preformance is ridiculous and overpriced!!! If its front side bus was faster then it might be alright but still the g4 was never intened to be a pentium 4 and atlon kill thats what the g5 is! The g4 was intened to be the pentium 3 killer...

Did you even read the entire article? I see absolutely no reason why someone would doubt the validity of the tests, regardless of whether you think it's "just not possible". It's not as if the testing and benchmarks were performed by Apple as a way to promote a new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Actually Sexyboy, read up on the G5 before you speak. A single processor G5 is not really all that much better than a G4. It's not until your get into a multi-processor situation that the G5 really out does the G4.

Now that's assuming the environment is not 64-bit which nothing really is right now so it doesn't matter.

Reaction score
schweb said:
Actually Sexyboy, read up on the G5 before you speak. A single processor G5 is not really all that much better than a G4. It's not until your get into a multi-processor situation that the G5 really out does the G4.

Now that's assuming the environment is not 64-bit which nothing really is right now so it doesn't matter.
ur right that 167mhz bus is so much faster than the 1.25ghz bus in the g5. I agree the g4 isnt that much fater even tough it can only hold maxium 2gig while the g5 can hold 8gig. Ohh ur right the 1.5ghz g4 seems so much faster than 2.5ghz g5 why would i ever wnat a g5 even though it cheaper..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Don't schools teach kids how to read or write anymore?

Anyway, I can back up what I said with data. You can't. It's not hard to guess which one of us is right.

OP
I

IChing

schweb said:
Don't schools teach kids how to read or write anymore?

Anyway, I can back up what I said with data. You can't. It's not hard to guess which one of us is right.

thanks for the band on this guy, he can't spell, listen, think or read because he's from the
the pc world, think he's a troll, no, know a troll when I here one, I like this site I was gonna suggest we get a sexyboy only "new site" posting site if it went much further. :rolleyes: .

thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IChing said:
thanks for the ban on this guy

I second that. I know I sure won't miss him, and I bet there are many others here who won't either.

OP
B

Badger

The report has been updated again (23 Jan) to include the 1.42 ghz mini as well as the 1.25 ghz model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
thanks for the info

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.