Mobile Me...Yea or Nay

Reaction score
A little over 2 weeks into new MBP & newly switched from PC & LOVE IT. Still cannot believe how easy & fun it was to switch & the learnings are steadily increasing.

Can anyone give a recommendation on Mobile Me? I didn't think I needed...

I have 3G iPhone...MBP...eventually I plan on doing videos of kids sporting events, have lots of pics...so was thinking the Web site piece of MM might make sense but not sure it cannot be done other ways.

Looking for ideas or view points...

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Use it for the trial period and see if you like it. If so, then buy it, if not, then don't. Simple as that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Use it for the trial period and see if you like it. If so, then buy it, if not, then don't. Simple as that.

Agreed. Try it out I made the mistake of buying it when i bought my macbook. It has been less than impressive for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
To be honest I only really see the benefit of it if you have an Iphone or use it to mange all your appointments across multiple machines, else it seems like a waste.

If you just want to have a calender you can sync while away from your mac head across to lifehacker and do a search for syncing google calenders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Not really so helpful to me. But I guess it's pretty good for the use of what you listed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
Like dabears34, I bought MobileMe and realized I didn't need it. Also my calendars don't sync to the web correctly, all the times are 2 hours ahead of schedule.

My subscription is currently collecting dust.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Best advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Kash nailed it. I tried it and ended up buying it. Works great for me as I sync quite a lot of contacts and calendar events during the day for work. I've never used the web interface part of it, but the online storage is nice for documents. My iPhone, MBP and Mini are all perfectly synced so I can sit at either and have everything all matched up when I get home at night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Aluminum with 4GB / MacMini / 160GB Ipod Classic / 8GB Ipod Touch
I use it; however, like others said it is really only good for sync. I guess the web part is ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Quite simply, for the price you pay.. It depends on what you'll use it for. If you will use it with your iPhone and to sync between different computers, it might be worth it for you. For me, I don't do that stuff, and find it's a waste (now). My initial thoughts were to use it for storage, as well as a way to upload photos straight from Aperture (which I'm not crazy about anymore) and such.

But now, I'm looking more at the benefits of using a hosting service for my own website using something like Dreamweaver, which is a lot more flexible and powerful than what mobile.me can offer. Then again, I need to actually spend a bit more time doing, than thinking. It's just that I can see things being cheaper doing it myself and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.