LVM + iSCSI Microsoft Initiator issue

Reaction score
Schenario

Created iSCSI target with a single LUN.

MS initiator connects it.Formats it with FAT32.Writes some data.

Then it performs "logout" operation.

Then snapshot is taken of the LUN attached to this target on TARGET side.

This snapshot is attached to the above target(as LUN1).

Now when the MS initiator discovers it.When I clicked on "log on",MS machine was restarted.

I tested this on different target,initiator machines.

What could be the issue?

Problem

One IET target is having 2 luns as "Parent LV" and "its snapshot".

When MS initiator connects to it,it gets rebooted.

I came to know through forum that it is due to same disk signatures of the two disks on initiator side.

If I attach "Parent LV" and "its snapshot" to different targets,then windows initiator is behaving well.

But in Open-iSCSI initiator under linux,both cases work well,

Issues

both parent lv and its snapshot are taking same IDs probably.How can i change the id of snapshot.It determines ID internally through timestamps and some other things.Both takes UUID obviously different.Windows might see these either as two copies of the same volume or two paths to the same volume, but their data diverges which causes Windows to freak out.Windows stores a volume identifier in the MBR/GPT when a disk is first recognized and uses that identifier for identification of storage volumes.But I cannot make changes on client(initiator) side as my product is server machine.

basically what changes should be made on the target side so that initiator will recognize both as different disks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.