Is xp Coem version will work?

Reaction score
I am willing to buy a Windows Xp Home Edition Coem.
Coem is not Oem, you can buy it in some stores.
I am wondering if it is legal to buy a Coem version and use it by Boot Camp,I am also wondering if Coem version will work.

:D

I am also considering Windows Vista Home Premium,which one will be better.
I know Microsoft is doing Windows 7 which is based on Vista and might have Vista Sp2 next year, do you think buying a vista is worth than buying a xp?
Thank you!~~~(<_>)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by COEM, but if that means a version of windows that's meant to be bundled with a new computer then yes it should still work. And it's legal as far as I know, but you only get to register it once.

I'm using XP Pro on my macbook and it works great, even better than it did on my PC. I decided not to go with Vista, mainly because everything I read about it indicates it's a resource hog and all the windows programs I need to run work fine under XP.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanx,indeed,I am from China, we have a version called coem which is similar with oem,like a oem retail version and does not bundled with computer,but it is legal to use in any kind of computer if you just register once!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.