Frustrated....it's seeing 0kb for some photos, but not ALL

Reaction score
This is wierd....I'm trying to move over jpg files from my pc to my G4, osx10.5

I've tried a few methods. Each works, but not completely. On my PC, I have about 16gb of photos, all organized in folders, subfolders, etc. I put my old hard drive in one of those USB enclosures. The G4 sees it just fine and finds ALL of the folders, but some say Zero KB, while others are just fine. I put the drive back on a pc and it's got everything 100%. I then tried burning the photos to a DVD-r and it's saying 0kb also.

jpg is jpg, regardless, right? Is it something to do with the large # of files? It seems to find the folders with fewer pictures in them. Is there a size limit or file quantity limit? I know pcs have older limits on the # of files in a folder, 50,000 or something....

Anyway, I really need to get these pictures transferred over so I can put my pc in the landfill where it will do much greater good than at my desk.....1 day on the mac and I'm over pc forever.....nothing but useless garbage! This 6yr old mac is faster than the top of the line quad pc I just got!! figure that.

if only I could get this photo thing sorted out. Please help!

Thanks from a newb

OP
M
Reaction score
Disappearing photos

Not sure if I had put this in the right area. If there's a mod that can suggest where this post should go, or can move it for me, please let me know. I really need to get those photos transferred over but can't figure this out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.