Time machine saved me from my wife

Reaction score
After many issues with Vista on my home computer I decided to buy an IMAC. I found one for a fair price on Craigs List and brought it home. I then took all of my family photos off my old windows computer and loaded them on my mac. The mac was great but I was having problems with it booting up. I assumed that I had a software issue and after some research..repaired permissions etc. While in Best Buy the other day I started looking at back up Hard Drives to work with Time Machine..why not I decided, I have the program the drives are reasonably priced, so I bought one, took it home and backed up my drive. Next morning my imac is frozen and will not boot up after I turned it off. I took it to the apple store and.....you guessed it bad hard drive (replaced free under warranty). Saved buy Time Machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
nice to see a good back-up story

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I had to do a double take to make sure you didn't say "time machine saved my life."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
I've always had a little trouble with TimeMachine giving me the infinite 'preparing' time. I think I've recently finally noticed when I'm torrenting and it tries to back up that's when things get fudged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I had to do a double take to make sure you didn't say "time machine saved my life."

Not really, maybe he was mistaken but if the saved "ME" wasn't written. Anyway, I guess his wife would have killed him if he misplaces / accidentally deleted the important pictures of their family you know. :D Hahaha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Good to hear things turned out well.

I must admit that I had my doubts in the beginning with Time Machine taking a long time " preparing " and " finishing backup ".
My advice is ..... let Time Machine smoothly tick away in the background and you'll be fine.

Cheers
McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
I really need to start using time machine.

*Note to self - Get a External HDD*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.