Itunes not recognizing blank cd.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So basically, Itunes now doesn't seem to recognize the blank cd i insert for burning.

It used to work before, and if i insert something else that has music on it, it shows up just fine. The hardware seems to work ok.

As for preferences, i already checked that and it opens up Itunes when i insert a music cd.

I don't know if it is because of an update that this happened, but i don't see what else it could be.

Anyone has this same problem, and could suggest a solution?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You are using CD-R discs and Finder Preferences have checked the show CD/DVD box I take it?

Here is a link to using iTunes to burn:-

iTunes : Burning a CD

OP
N
Reaction score
Yea the show cd/DVD box is checked, but finder is not a problem, it shows up on the sidebar when it is inserted...

itunes is the only program on there that doesn't see it.

I followed those exact instructions with no luck.

other ideas?

Reaction score
Yea the show cd/DVD box is checked, but finder is not a problem, it shows up on the sidebar when it is inserted...

itunes is the only program on there that doesn't see it.

I followed those exact instructions with no luck.

other ideas?

Same problem here! I haven't tried burning in a couple months, and I know I have accepted the Itunes upgrade at least once since then....does anyone know of a fix for this?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I figured out my problem. I was not selecting the proper disk drive when the burn window popped up in Itunes8. I have no idea what the other option meant (something about mp4 to mp3) but it must have to do with a program I downloaded to convert audio files.

Hope this helps someone else out there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.