Wifi not reaching the browsers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5GHz
Since it is my very first thread here:
I'm from Switzerland, I'm a recent Mac owner and I'm pleased to be here, hi :)

I'm currently experiencing problems with my wi-fi.
I have a Belkin modem router (G) and everything worked nicely until today.

Now, what happened today is very strange to my eyes:
I've been able to surf on Skype quietly, but no way to access the Web using either Safari, Firefox, or even software updaters!

If I plug in an ethernet cable, everything works correctly, but as soon as I kick it and turn back to the wi-fi connection, the browsers and other stuff don't work anymore...

Note that I'm using LittleSnitch as a firewall, I tried deactivating it but nothing changes, it looks like it isn't the problem (and since it works with the ethernet cable...)

Does anyone know what could be causing the problem?
Many thanks in advance and a nice day to all of you :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Since it is my very first thread here:
I'm from Switzerland, I'm a recent Mac owner and I'm pleased to be here, hi :)

I'm currently experiencing problems with my wi-fi.
I have a Belkin modem router (G) and everything worked nicely until today.

Now, what happened today is very strange to my eyes:
I've been able to surf on Skype quietly, but no way to access the Web using either Safari, Firefox, or even software updaters!

If I plug in an ethernet cable, everything works correctly, but as soon as I kick it and turn back to the wi-fi connection, the browsers and other stuff don't work anymore...

Note that I'm using LittleSnitch as a firewall, I tried deactivating it but nothing changes, it looks like it isn't the problem (and since it works with the ethernet cable...)

Does anyone know what could be causing the problem?
Many thanks in advance and a nice day to all of you :)

Is airport enabled? Have you tried restarting? Sometimes my airport card flakes out and wont' reconnect.

Try disabling airport under System Preferences/Network and renabling it.

OP
Acanthia
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5GHz
Hi and thank you!
Yes, I've already tried disabling/enabling several times, but that didn't do it unfortunately. Restarting the Mac too :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Have you configured your Airport networking settings to use a static IP address?

That would let it connect to the wifi router, but if that is trying to give your Mac a DHCP address, you wouldn't be able to access any sites.

ria

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iPod, iPhone
I had the same problem recently. Try this: click on the “System Preferences” icon on your dock. Click “Network” under “Internet & Network”. Hit the “Advanced” button at the lower righ-hand side of the box. Click on the “TCP/IP” tab on the top of the box and under “Configure IPv4” make sure that “Using DHCP” is selected from the pull-down menu - NOT “Using DHCP with manual address”. Hit “ok”. That should do it. It's basically what Aptmunich said, but broken down step-by-step.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.