Lost Posts and Software Upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hello everyone,
As mentioned in this thread, we recently made some forum changes and in the process we lost the posts from the OS X - Applications and Games forum. Unfortunately due to technical difficulties, we will not be able to restore those posts. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As part of our effort to prevent this issue from happening again in the future, we will be upgrading to the latest version of the vBulletin software sometime today or tomorrow. This will cause the site to have a short period of downtime. Once I have more details on a specific time I will post them in this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
so does that include the approximately 200 posts Im missing from my post count?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the 200 posts you were missing were posts made in the OS X - Applications and Games forum, then yes, that would account for the change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
darn, youre an admin. I dont know how vb works, but cant you go into an account and edit the post count to add them back? I am not realkly concerned with numbers, more concerned with credibility of myself and the site.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This site has never placed an emphasis on post count and therefore the credibility should come from the quality of answers and user reputation rather that the number of posts made by any given member.

We're discussing options at this point of what to do. But understand that the loss of those posts affected everyone's post count, not just an individual member's. And you're right, we could go through and manually edit each members post count since vBulletin has that option, however there's no way to verify authenticity of where it should be and it would be an extremely manual process with over 6000 members.

As I said, we're discussing options now and a final decision on the matter will be communicated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
schweb said:
This site has never placed an emphasis on post count and therefore the credibility should come from the quality of answers and user reputation rather that the number of posts made by any given member.

We're discussing options at this point of what to do. But understand that the loss of those posts affected everyone's post count, not just an individual member's. And you're right, we could go through and manually edit each members post count since vBulletin has that option, however there's no way to verify authenticity of where it should be and it would be an extremely manual process with over 6000 members.

As I said, we're discussing options now and a final decision on the matter will be communicated.
thats true, and its coo, but I know some people that will look at post count, Im not personally bothered by it. I know it would be difficult to manually edit everyones post count, and correctly at that. its fine, really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
dont listen to macman he only has 1600 postss!!!!!!!!!

lol...dude, you still answer everybodys questions correctly

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But what if we don't own a Mac?
schweb said:
As part of our effort to prevent this issue from happening again in the future, we will be upgrading to the latest version of the vBulletin software sometime today or tomorrow.

Forum updates... Done :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
dont listen to macman he only has 1600 postss!!!!!!!!!

lol...dude, you still answer everybodys questions correctly

-chris
if I remember correctly, and I do, I had about 1770 posts before the mishap.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We're happy to announce that the upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.6 has been completed. More changes coming to a forum near you very soon :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hopefully I wont lose anymore posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I haven't looked at my post count in a few months so not sure how many i even lost

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o well, Ill make it back up in the next few weeks or so anyway.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which setup thread are you referring to?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't believe that was in the Software forum. I'll try to figure out where it was at.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.