DVD Player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
Is there any way I can set my mac so that everytime I put a DVD in DVD Player doesn't open automatically. Setting it so that it gives me an option of what to do with it would be great.
I occasionally use Handbreak to put my movies onto the mac and it annoys me that I have to close DVD Player every time.
Obviously if it cant be done then it isn't much of an inconvenience, but my old PC used to do it, so I assume my mac can too!

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Is there any way I can set my mac so that everytime I put a DVD in DVD Player doesn't open automatically. Setting it so that it gives me an option of what to do with it would be great.
I occasionally use Handbreak to put my movies onto the mac and it annoys me that I have to close DVD Player every time.
Obviously if it cant be done then it isn't much of an inconvenience, but my old PC used to do it, so I assume my mac can too!

Cheers!

looked under system preferences->cds & dvds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.