Installing Mac OS X 10.5 on two Mac computer's.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I brought a Macbook Pro in Nov 07 and unlucky for me got given the Tiger operating system. I have only just found out that I was due a free upgrade to leopard but it seems this offer has expired. I'm pretty mad about the situation as I felt a little cheated by Apple.

Meanwhile my mum has just brought a new iMac with the leopard operating system that I want and desperately need. I'm in no situation right now to buy it as i'm dead broke.

My Question: Can I use these discs that come with her iMac to upgrade my own Macbook Pro. I wouldn't see this as copyright theft as I should of been given this operating system in the first place. I paid good money for my computer.

Cheers for your help and advice everyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
My Question: Can I use these discs that come with her iMac to upgrade my own Macbook Pro.
No, you can't.
The discs are machine specific and will only work with the machine type they are packaged with.

I would suggest contacting Apple to see if they would still honor the OS upgrade on your machine or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.