thinking of buying a mac

Reaction score
my old pc is now too pathetic to do anythign with and i need o upgrade my computer, a good deal of my friedns use macs, and ive tried them, they seem pretty good, but im not certain on my course of action. can anyone tell me exactly why a mac is "simply better" as my friends have decribed them?

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Well for me Macs and OS X just work. Everything works together and it is all very simple.

Just approach OS X with an open mind and you will never look back.

What do you use you computer for and which mac are you looking at?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
my old pc is now too pathetic to do anythign with and i need o upgrade my computer, a good deal of my friedns use macs, and ive tried them, they seem pretty good, but im not certain on my course of action. can anyone tell me exactly why a mac is "simply better" as my friends have decribed them?

If I were you, I'd use the search feature. There are probably over 1,000 threads on this very issue.

Read up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Depends on what you are hard core in. I mean, do you like designing & graphics, gaming, programming, etc.? Because some Macs are designed for certain things (of course that's taken from people's opinions), but I'd advise you to go for a MacBook Pro if you're a hard core gamer, or the new MacBook if you just use the computer for business and internet stuff (like chatting, etc.). But if you want a desktop, an iMac should be just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.