Lexmark printer problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 GHz, 2 GB Ram, 120 GB HD
My wife and I share an iMac running Leopard and we are having problems printing photos on both accounts. The printer is installed and will print documents under my account only. Both accounts are set to admin. When you tell it to print the drop down print menu goes away and then so does iPhoto and you get the message about quitting unexpectedly. I'm still fairly new to the Mac world so would anyone have any ideas where to start troubleshooting this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
My wife and I share an iMac running Leopard and we are having problems printing photos on both accounts. The printer is installed and will print documents under my account only. Both accounts are set to admin. When you tell it to print the drop down print menu goes away and then so does iPhoto and you get the message about quitting unexpectedly. I'm still fairly new to the Mac world so would anyone have any ideas where to start troubleshooting this problem?

Do you have the driver installed under both accounts?

OP
AAhitman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I reverted back to an older driver and now it works. Must be a problem with the newest driver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I reverted back to an older driver and now it works. Must be a problem with the newest driver.

Do you mind me asking what model printer and which driver you tried?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
From personal experience I know that Lexmark tends not to support OS X. But fortunately it looks like you've got it figured out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
From personal experience I know that Lexmark tends not to support OS X. But fortunately it looks like you've got it figured out.

That is not quite correct.

Use a X75 All in One Print Centre and the Leopard drivers are brilliant and one can even access the utilities which sure were not available under Tiger. If you provide the model details perhaps we can help with drivers as the CD drivers are old, old software

OP
AAhitman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you mind me asking what model printer and which driver you tried?

4550. I used the driver from the included CD. It didn't work. the one I downloaded from the web site worked but when I went to install it I was told then one I was currently using was newer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well AA from personal experience just ignore Lexmark's IT folk as they admit to having no mac experience. I was told exactly the same thing, the software on the five year old CD was newer than the Leopard released version which was pure rubbish.

Confound this new format in the Forums does not let the actual URL load reverts it to Lexmark USA home. Go to Lexmark USA select drivers, enter 4550 in printer and searchm select OS x.5 from Macintosh selections and there it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I just had the same problem with cs2 and only photoshop (quitting unexpectedly). It was a 3100 and I searched on google part of the photoshop crash log. It may be the new drivers or it could be due to the 10.5.5 update (I'm not wholly sure) but I uninstalled Lexmark and all is fine now... See if there is a driver that came with mac rather than installing one, other than that maybe you can find some generic prog? Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I'm not sure but maybe you should delete the pref file and then try the one that worked... you might find answers searching the net, or the crash log

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4550. I used the driver from the included CD. It didn't work. the one I downloaded from the web site worked but when I went to install it I was told then one I was currently using was newer.

I just looked on Lexmark's website and they had a driver listed for Mac OSX. Are those the ones you tried?

OP
AAhitman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just looked on Lexmark's website and they had a driver listed for Mac OSX. Are those the ones you tried?

That's the one I downloaded and it worked. The original CD was used first and that's the one I had a problem with. When I went to install the downloaded driver the iMac told me the driver I wanted to use was older than the one installed, did I really want to use it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.