Problems with migration assistant

Reaction score
I'm trying to transfer files from my good old ibook that has 0S 10.3.9 to my new MacBook Pro. I've followed the instructions from the migration assist. by loading the Mac OS install disk on the older mac. I do this and it says it was a successful download but the migration assistant isn't there? Could this be a compatibility issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Are you sure it's not there? Did you check the "utilities" folder (located within your Applications folder)?

Reaction score
Migration Assistant problems

I just used Migration Assistant to transfer files via Firewire from my emac to my new iMac. The files seem to have made it through but many of them are inaccessible because I don't have "access privileges". And when the files were finished transferring, the only option was to select quit and when I did that. there was a message saying I did it incorrectly. Now when I go back in to my old emac to see if I can repeat the process correctly this time, it gives a strange new message about holding in the power button to restart the computer (which I did to no avail - holding the power button does make it shut off but doesn't make it restart).

Has anyone out there used the migration assistant successfully? What did I miss?

Thanks for any tips!
lkent

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.