Export VM Ware Disk image to .iso

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first post here. This seems to be a very knowledgeable forum, so I am looking forward to your advice. I'll let you know of my question first, then give you an idea of where I'm coming from, in case you can think of a better route to go.

My question:
Basically, I would like to install windows in VM Ware, then export the virtual hard disk to a .iso, so that I can restore that image to a Boot Camp partition. I've already installed Win XP Pro in a virtual machine, but I can't seem to find anything to export the hard disk image. Is this possible?

My situation:
I haven't had the need to run Windows since I originally purchased my MBP in '06, but I've recently started doing some Web Design work and need to test my sites in IE (I also want to take this opporitunity to play some RA2 and use FL Studio). The problem is, my Super Drive has since gone sour. I think I've exhausted all of my options for installing windows natively on my Boot Camp partition:
-Install Windows from a USB Stick (Apparently not compatible with Macs)
-Install Windows Natively to an external HD on a PC (The only External HDD I have is full) then restore external image to internal partition.

I'd love to hear what you guys think I should do... Happy to answer any questions to might have that would help you help me figure this mess out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.